jueves, 22 de julio de 2021

Holiday - Celebrate!

These months I have been quite busy and I haven't remembered to write much here. For my nonsense, rants and daily thoughts, you can follow me on twitter, where I am much more active.

Just tomorrow I start my summer vacations and I hope to be able to disconnect a little bit from the hammering daily routine I've been going through since the pandemic and the remote work started. I don't plan to travel very far, because the situation in Spain is still complicated, but I will be able to spend some time with my family in a cooler place than Seville.

So far this year, we have included a lot of new features in Tuscany Villa, which is becoming a more and more complete game. I think the team is fighting very hard to make the project move forward as expected, which is not easy given the global circumstances. I would like everything to keep rolling and improving, to reach higher levels of quality and engagement.

On the other hand, I have been able to collaborate in the sound design of the fights of Chess Club, a chess game for Oculus Quest developed by the friends of Odders Lab. I've been in charge of the sound design of the "Battle Chess-like" animations and it has been really fun.

I'm also working on a battle royale type game for mobile platforms that will be released in Q4 of this year, and it has a very powerful team behind it that I've worked with in the past, it's looking great! I'm really enjoying all the 3D sound and environments, something that is not very common in mobile development, and I hope players will come to appreciate and enjoy it!

Lastly, I have some scripting stuff pending and we are starting to move some ideas for both 8bit homebrew and some more current madness, the end of 2021 looks very interesting in terms of game projects indeed!

Musically, I'm very slowly starting to work on Big Giant Trees 2, which I'd like to release just a year after the first volume. I've been studying guitar as much as I can and my teacher has helped me a lot to systematically visualize and approach elements that I was unable to see before.

I also recently participated in the Maj7 Request Line, contributing a track of my own. The truth is that I would have liked to dedicate more time to it, but it has been difficult because it has coincided with some family health issues that had priority.

I think that's all, I hope you all have a great summer. Please wear a mask and stay hydrated!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario