domingo, 23 de abril de 2017

#LD38 #FamiliarForever devlog - A Giant's Life (part II)

Umph... this is a bit harder than expected. I'm having lots of difficulties with basic stuff of the engine. I guess I should have studied a bit more :D


I have two sprites linked with animations and the screen flow is working. I can instantiate enemies in the map... but I lack some kind of core mechanic! I should have all this ready before lunch time tomorrow, so I can work on the art later...

Art work left:

  • walk cycle and jump
  • extra tiles for the background
  • enemies (these should be very simple as they have to be small)
  • press start / game over / victory screens (this is crazy stuff)
  • music and sound effects
Wow, I don't know if it's been a good idea to make my first game with a new engine in a jam, but I'm actually feeling great solving problems and mistakes, even if the long hours in front of the computer take their toll.

Oooh... wish me luck (even if I don't know if that'll be enough)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario