viernes, 8 de septiembre de 2017

Stop... Hammer Time!

So after a jam organizing spree of four years, I guess it's time to stop and relax a little bit.

I don't even know how I got this far with all this! It's hard to believe that Familiar was created about eight years ago, a short time after creating this blog. We built synthesizers, threw lots of parties, organized game jams, created spicy vermouth cocktails, met awesome people, made great friends and enjoyed our time doing what we wanted to. I guess Familiar is about that: doing what you like surrounded by incredible people.

Time has passed and I have changed (nothing special, everyone changes). I feel like there's already a community running and working in the city. Also I feel like making "big" events isn't the right thing to do any longer. Yep, an 80 people event isn't that "big", but it needs a lot of energy and time that I need to invest in other stuff (music, side-projects, family). That's why I'd say that Familiar Game Jam is "on hiatus" by the moment.

Otherwise, I feel like joining some friends and make private game jams in the Familiar Forever format. My best jam experiences have been with very few people, in a cozy place... no planning, no limits, no budget... Just friends and the will to make games, learn and have fun. I'd also like to throw a game dev party in the style of Nexo Indie Resort next year. Maybe Familiar Game Camp 2?

That's all folks! I'm releasing some new games soon before the end of the year, so stay tuned :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario